Friday, June 10, 2011

The St. Louis Baseball Historical Society Proudly Presents: Ed Achorn



Ed Achorn, author of the great Fifty-Nine in '84, will be in St. Louis on June 23rd and speaking at the St. Louis County Library. The St. Louis Baseball Historical Society, of which I am humbly involved, is one of the sponsors of the event. I am planning on attending and hope to see all of you there. It's going to be a lot of fun.

I haven't talked at all here about the StLBHS but it's one of the big projects that I'm involved in. Steve Pona is running the show and I've been helping out where I can to get it launched. I truly believe the StLBHS is going to be a major asset to the city of St. Louis and to the baseball research community. We have a lot of cool stuff planned and I'll talk about those as they come up. This particular event with Ed is pretty much the first public event that we're doing and I'm excited about it.

If you're interested in attending, I think the flyer at the top of the post has all the necessary information. Just click on it for a better view. Also, feel free to email me at thisgameofgames@gmail.com and I can answer any questions you might have.

No comments: