Saturday, August 23, 2008

A List Of Union Club Members From 1869


You never know what you're going to find when you start digging. I was going through some of the collections of the Missouri History Museum on more or less of a random hunt-just kind of seeing what they had and if it would be of any use to my research-and decided to do a search on Asa Smith, who's been on my mind the last couple of days. Lo and behold, I got a hit and come to find out that the Museum has a document, dated January 1, 1869, that lists all the active members of the Union Club. Complete blind, random luck.

The usual list of suspects are on the list-Smith, Bishop, Cabanne, Turner, Steigers, Oran, etc-but one name jumped out at me. Listed among club members is John A. Dillon. I'm almost certain that this isn't Packy Dillon's brother but you never know.

Click on the photo above to get a nice look at the document.

No comments: