Monday, April 29, 2013

A Determination To Win

The first game of the season for the championship will come off on Saturday afternoon, at the St. Louis Base Ball Park, between the Union and Empire clubs.

The Union club being at present champions will undoubtedly put their "best foot foremost" while the Empires will present a strong nine who will enter the contest with a determination to win.  Much interest is manifested as to the termination of the game and no doubt there will be a large attendance.
-Missouri Republican, May 28, 1869


No one should be surprised that a look through the 1869 season would involve a championship series between the Unions and the Empires. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your
blog? My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from some of
the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright
with you. Appreciate it!

Here is my website :: how to lose weight fast