Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Opening Day


This is usually one of my favorite days of the year. You have the start of the baseball season and, in St. Louis, we have the parade of players, the Clydesdales, Stan the Man and all the general festivities. It's like a holiday (and it should be a national holiday; we should all have the day off and watch a tripleheader).

But this year, I"m feeling a little ambivalent about the season. It just kind of snuck up on me this year and I'm not ready for it yet. Plus, it's not warm enough. And to top it all off, I think the Cards are in for a very rough year. They look like a .500 ball club to me-which means, of course, that they can finish anywhere between 75 and 90 wins. But I think the 75 is more likely than the 90.

Regardless, Carp takes the mound at 3:15. It's his sixth opening day start for the good guys. Go Cards.

Edit: It's just about 2:30, the festivities are about to begin and I take back all that nonsense about not being excited about the season starting. I've watched the Yankees/Tigers and Braves/Nationals already on MLB.com and I'm ready for my boys to start the season. Go Cards!

No comments: