Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Harper's Weekly Comiskey/Latham Print


This picture of Charlie Comiskey and Arlie Latham appeared in Harper's Weekly in the 1880's. I found the image while looking for information about another picture that I had found. The images all came from Zmotive.com's Ebay gallery (check out page four for the good stuff). I'm still trying to find more information about the site because I want to know if they still have this print and how much it would go for. I'm thinking this picture would look good hanging on the wall over my desk. Click on the image for a nice, full size view.

And, for those keeping score at home, that's two mentions of The Freshest Man On Earth in three days.

2 comments:

Mike B said...

I actually own this print. My father got it in the early '90s but I had no clue of the history behind it. (I mean, I knew who the players were, but I didn't know anything else)

Thank you very much!
Mikey

Jeffrey Kittel said...

You're the second person I've heard from today who owns a copy of the photo. You lucky sods.

As I said in the post, I don't have a lot of information about the photo. Based on the uniforms that Comiskey and Latham are wearing, it most likely appeared in Harper's Weekly in 1889. That was the only year when the two were together on the Browns and the team was wearing a uniform with dark collars and dark hats.