Monday, May 6, 2013

Paying Our Respects



Saturday, Ed Achorn, Steve Pona and I went out to Bellefontaine Cemetery to pay our respects to Mr. Chris Von der Ahe.  We also got a quick tour of some of the more interesting and historically important graves at the cemetery by Richard Lay, who I had a chance to meet at Ed's presentation at Left Bank Books on Thursday evening.  Richard was a fantastic guide and I really appreciate the time he took showing us around, especially considering that we just kind of showed up unannounced.  He was very gracious, told some wonderful stories and even shared the contents of the cemetery's Von der Ahe file with us.  

I also want to thank everyone who showed up at Left Bank Books to see Ed.  I know that he was very appreciative and amazed at the turnout.  If you didn't make it, you absolutely missed out on a good time but I know that Ed signed a big stack of his books and left them at the store if you're interested in picking up a signed copy of The Summer of Beer and Whiskey.

It was great talking to everyone Thursday and I hope that we can find opportunities to get together again soon.  And, yes, that's me in the picture, standing next to the our boy's grave.

Back to our regular scheduled programming tomorrow.      

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a weblog website?
The account aided me a applicable deal. I have been a little bit
acquainted of this your broadcast offered vivid transparent concept

Here is my web site; Free Batman Games