Monday, December 31, 2012

Winter Warm-Up 2013






I'm going to be speaking at the 2013 Winter Warm-Up on Saturday, January 19th.  Not sure what time we're going on but I do know that we have an hour and a half to talk.  Last year we packed the room for an hour on Saturday and Sunday, plus we stayed late on Sunday to answer any and all questions.  It was a blast. 

This year, I'm going to be talking about early bat and ball games in the St. Louis area, going all the way back to the 18th century, and Ted Yemm will be talking about vintage baseball in St. Louis.  I believe we also have Dwayne Isgrig talking a bit about the history of black baseball in the city and Steve Pona may speak a bit about the St. Louis Baseball Historical Society.  It's going to be a lot of fun.

You can get tickets to the event at the Cardinals' website.  And if you're coming, come up and say hi.  I'd love to meet and talk to as many of you as I can.     

No comments: