The Globe-Democrat is able to state on excellent authority that the grounds leased for a ball park by Henry V. Lucas are located at the corner of Cass avenue and Twenty-fifth street. Whether the Twenty-fifth street referred to is in the old or new enumeration of streets could not be definitely ascertained, the denizens of Cass avenue in the district affected by the new enumeration being so badly muddled that it was only with extreme difficulty they could tell where they resided, and let alone information relative to their neighbors or neighboring property. It is probable, however, that the exact location is a vacant tract...about 150 feet north of Cass avenue and extending east and west from new Twenty-fifth street to Jefferson avenue. It is very level, and corresponds to the description that was given out when the lease was obtained. That it would make an admirable ball park is beyond question. It is within thirty minutes' ride from the Court House-a fact that greatly enhances the prospects of the new club. The dimensions of the park are stated at 515 x 425 feet.
-St. Louis Globe-Democrat, November 16, 1883