Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Presents




The crack staff here at TGOG uncovered this little nugget and I felt it necessary to pass it along. For your viewing pleasure: The Star Wars Holiday Special. I personally haven't watched it yet and I'm not sure if I have the stomach for it but I thought there might be a few fanboys out there who might enjoy watching the train wreck.

In all honesty, I forgot where I got the link to this travesty so I apologize to whoever I stole it from. Now on to the music...

Weezer is the bastard son of the Buzzcocks and the Pixies. And I'm starting to get obsessed with Pinkerton. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

The Good Life (the video of this concert is a little too dark but the audio is killer)




Say It Ain't So (this song isn't from Pinkerton but it's a favorite down at the pub)




Speaking of the Pixies...no, you really don't deserve this but it's Christmas. Here's a great video from their 1988 London show. And it kills me that this clip is more than 20 years old. The Pixies will never get old.

Hey/Gigantic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pixies clip, Jeff, and I love Weezer, too.

Merry Christmas back at ya and keep up the great blog. Go Cardinals!

Jeffrey Kittel said...

I think that most of that 88 London show is on You Tube as part of a Pixies documentary. Never had seen a Hey/Gigantic cut before and thought that was great.

As always, thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year.